Still Here

I got to hold Beckett after the noon feeding. He is so tiny! I was terrified that I was going to drop him or break off one of his tiny limbs by holding him too tightly. I realized that I've never held a newborn baby. I mean, I've held babies. But until today, I had never held a two-day-old baby.

It was hard to give him back when my time was up.

Afterwards, I took Arianna back to her room to rest and I ran out to get us Thai for lunch. The hospital food is awful. Pad Thai and spring rolls is so much better.

Do you think it's possible to be in love with someone that you've only seen a handful of times and only touched once? When I write it that way, it sounds silly to feel so intensely about this baby. But damn, I am completely in love.

Back to the waiting room.

No comments: