Hotdog Goulash

I think this recipe will show me how far I've come when I look back on it after I master making real goulash. But this is also one of my go-to comfort meals. My mother taught me how to make it.

Ingredients:
(3) hotdogs, sliced into discs
(2) white potatoes, cut into small chunks
(1) small can of baked bean
(1) tsp paprika
(2) tbsp chopped onions

Saute the onions in a little bit of oil until they soften. Add the hotdog slices and saute for a minute. Add the potatoes and toss everything around. Sprinkle on the paprika. Add water to almost cover everything in the pot and then boil until the potatoes soften. Drain out a little bit of the water if it feels too watery and then add the baked beans and cook an additional minute until they're hot too. The whole thing should be like a stew.

Every food blog I go on has fantastic photos of their dishes. I need to dig out my camera and start taking photos as I work.

2 comments:

Maris said...

Too funny! I'm new to your blog but my mother used to make a very similar recipe - it was basically the same thing without the onion or potato. It was my brother's favorite meal growing up.

Anonymous said...

My mother used to make this also. She was part Hungarian, learned from her mother. She did not include baked beans in her recipe